Most evenings I go for a walk along the coast near my home.
As part of my ‘healthier’ lifestyle initiative, I’ve devised a little project I’ve called
‘Another Place’ by the sculptor Antony Gormley is a coastal installation of 100 cast iron ‘Iron Men’. All of these men stand in the sand, looking out to sea, along the coast at Crosby Beach which is just outside of Liverpool.
My goal, is to take my photograph with each and everyone of those Iron Men. That’s 100 walks to take 100+ photographs with 100 cast iron sculptures.
I’ve already started, I’m not doing the task over 100 days, as sometimes weather and tide will not allow me to venture on the beach, but, hopefully, by the end of September, the task will be complete.
Task Rules & Achievements
To complete the task I must:
(1) Only take photographs of one Iron Man in any one day. I can take lots of photo’s of that one man, but, only him.
(2) Put on a different item of clothing on each individual Iron Man and this must feature in the photograph.
(1) I will have done something that no-one (to my knowledge) has ever done before.
(2) I will have completed 100 walks, all in excess of 2.5kms (1.5 miles) with many in excess of 8-10kms.
(3) Total mileage walked will be well in excess of 250kms (150 miles)
Not too shabby!
Come and join me
Why not come and join me on one of the walks? The beach and surroundings are beautiful and I promise you will not be disappointed. If you live outside of Liverpool, make a day of it. If you live abroad, make a holiday of it 🙂 I’m deadly serious, you will love it!!!
Alternatively, provide me with a hat, a scarf, a pair of glasses, a feather boa, a tee shirt, a vest, in fact, absolutely anything and I will clothe that days man with your attire and hold up your name on the photo.
These poor guys are all naked. They need your support 🙂
What do you say? Are you going to help me out? It’s just a bit of fun, but, by the end I’ll be 150 miles fitter and healthier.
Thanks for reading. The journey begins below.