Right okay. So, I’m struggling to post daily and I’m super struggling to comment on other blogs. I know my fellow bloggers are cool about it though and I’ll post as often as I can until I find my welsh looking flow :-D.
What’s the latest on the exercise front?
Well, the gym is 3-4 times per week from 5-6, but, I’m cool with that. I’m hoping to be able to use the shower in work – for those of you who don’t know (how can you not), I got a job!!!!! – and if I can sort that out, I will be able to use a new gym called FitForFree, which has opened literally one minute from work. I want to stay in Lakeside as I have a real emotional attachment to that place now, but, I need to also go somewhere which is more convenient for work.
Check this out though. So, this gym is called FitForFree (yeah right!). It’s a new UK venture, part of a chain established in Holland. I go to the gym, they show me round, I’m liking what I see, I’m digging the monthly package options (£9.95 off peak, £15.95 unlimited fitness, £19.95 unlimited fitness & classes) and then they hit me with the catch(es).
- The ‘Initial Term’ is 12 months. So if you cancel after a couple of months, tough
- You have to pay £1 for a shower. Yes you heard me right, pay for a shower. Can I just say that again. You have to pay for a shower. Now, forgive me if you are from another city (or country for that matter) and you get this, but, paying for a shower in a gym is just stupid and I’ve never heard of it before. The rationale I was given by the manager was that they expected “people who live in the area will go home and shower.” Oh really, so, why have you got your gym on the edge of the business community and a massive retail park. I’m not being tight fisted, just look at the numbers. If I’m going four times per week, that’s an extra £16 per month on top of my monthly fee. FitForFree? I think not! FitForHiddenExtra’s more like it!
Hence why I need to be able to use the shower in work 🙂 Hopefully, hopefully. Did I say hopefully, my boss will sort it for me, then I can pay £9.95 for off peak and still continue at Lakeside too. Perfect! I have every faith that Lisa (the boss lady :-D) will sort it out with the powers that be, higher up the food chain – Go Lisa!!!!!
What’s the big deal Paul? Keep going 3-4 times per week to Lakeside. Well, I’ve mentioned before, that now I’m working, I need to establish a work/gym balance, but, it’s more than that, I need to establish a work/gym/family balance. I’m literally seeing my wife and kids for an hour or less a day at the minute. I get home from work, we eat, I go the gym. By the time I get back, the sprogs are in bed and (for the last couple of weeks) Jan has been in work on night shifts. If I bypass the stupid, idiotic, pathetic, ridiculous, probably illegal, FitForFree conundrum (nice word), it will give me more time with the fambo, b.e.a.utiful!
- Health Focused Monthly Mini Project – I’m 531 metres short of my 5000 metre treadmill climb with five days to go. Can I do it? I’ll answer that for you – YES I CAN!!!
- 100PUC, aka The 100 Push Up Challenge, aka much harder than I realised it would be – I’ve really struggled on week 3 so I’m going to repeat it again this week. Not much else to say about that really. I’ll properly go for it this week, promise.
- NFA8, aka no food after 8pm – It’s been a struggle because I’ve been going the gym of an evening. Yes I’ve eaten after 8pm a few times this month, but, it’d been meals not snacks. Okay, okay, I’ve had a couple of snacks and a few chocolates 😉 not too bad though, scouts honour *good job I was never a scout*
- Marina Walks – This, along with my ‘100 Amigos’ project is suffering the most at the mo. I’ll address them though.
- 100 Amigos – Devo’d (devastated) about this right now. I wanted this completed by the end of September. Not going to happen. I’m not even a third of the way through. I’m going to change the time scale for completion in the next few days. I’m still looking for hats etc if you want to help a poor iron statue. See the page for details.
- Running Outdoors – Is not really happening at the mo. Lot’s of treadmill runs, but, nothing outdoors. soon to be redressed.
- Monthly Weigh In – Is only five days away. Excited, but, not that hopeful as this has been a month of change. It’s a good job weight loss is not my focus isn’t it ;-). Jokes aside, if I lose seven pounds I’ll be a happy puppy. I was hoping for 12lbs to get to the a lower BMI category, but, I’ll settle with seven and a drop below 300lbs.
That’s me, how about you?
Laters mash potates (yes I know that potatoes was spelt wrong, it was an executive rhyme decision :-D)
“I Can Do It…!”