Very, very excited about the possibilities opening up to me now that I’m a fully paid up member of the joddler club. Paul, don’t get carried away with yourself, it was only 5k, right? Wrong! I should totally get carried away with myself, it was 5k right!!! Let’s look at the facts:
(1) I’ve only been serious about my lifestyle change since the 18th April 2011, that’s only seven weeks a go.
(2) In that time, I’ve lost 39lbs and drastically (through small steps) changed my way of living.
(3) Now, although still weighing 25st 02lbs /// 352lbs /// 160kgs, I’ve already ran my first 5k.
Some seriously good facts guys and as my fitness level increases, the possibilities can only increase.
What possibilities? Well, now that I know I can run, I can start to ‘bucket list’ some run based activities I’d like to do. I’ve already mentioned a half and full marathon but there are some more things I can do too.
(1) Through Parkrun, I can go and run a whole host of other 5k events across the country and abroad. So, starting with all the ones in the North West of England (8) I’m gonna see how I get on. Want to join me?
(2) The Three Peaks Challenge – is a walking/running challenge to ascend the three highest mountain peaks in Scotland, England and Wales. The pure challenge is to do it in 24hrs, not too sure about that aspect yet, but, I really fancy ascending all three over a couple or three days!!
- You can also do the ‘Yorkshire Three Peaks and
- The Welsh 3000s
I think we are going to start off by just doing Ben Nevis in Scotland towards the end of this month. Just the one peak, let’s see how we get on.
The second thing I just want to say is this. I have been ‘blown away’ by the support I have had from friends and family in helping me achieve exercise goals and push forward with more challenges. If I may, I’d just like to name a few who deserve particular mention. Like I say, this is particular to exercise, so please don’t be offended if I don’t name you. Also, I’m sorry if you (the blog reader) don’t know any of these people, I just need to do this.
The gym/fitness/running posse:
- Jan Bentley (the wifey)
- Michael Tyms
- Lore Wilhelm
- Neil Birkett
- Bez Jones
- Lu Sifelani
- Andy/Lucy Birch
- Kathryn Morgan
- Chris Mulvaney
- Pam Piert Briggs
- Brenda Turnley
And the walkers:
- Sue Konkwo
- Lois Bentley
- Matt Bentley
- Joyce Santangeli
- Liz Wilhelm
- Mike (MC) Wilhelm
- Mel Birkett
- Bee Murtagh
- Charlotte Morgan
- Alfie Levene
- Kieran/Sheryl Sheene
There have been many more of you (especially on Facebook) who constantly give me words of encouragement and support with regard to the whole ‘journey’ I am on, but, I just felt I needed to give these people special mention in relation to exercise and activity, as this is playing such a vital role in my lifestyle change.
Btw. Did I tell you my BMI is down to 47.7 from 51. Slowly, slowly. It’s all good in Bentley Town!!!
Gotta go peeps, my bed is calling my name.
“I Can Do It…!”